Check out the Latest Articles:

Almost every day, there is a community somewhere trying to cope with a crisis situation. For adults who work with children, one of the first questions that comes to mind is, “How can I help my students to deal with this situation?”

It can be an extremely trying time, as we are often trying to process events ourselves, while also attempting to support the young people in our care. It is often reported that the way children respond to a crisis situation is influenced by the way that the adults around them respond. If you can be calm and honest in your responses to their questions, they are more likely to feel calm, safe and reassured.

Living in Australia, I have had to work with classes and students coping with the after effects of bushfires and flooding many times over the past few years. I have put together a list of some of the resources I have used over the years and they are available for FREE in my TpT store.

It was important to me to provide these resources for free, as the more information we have to help us work with our students in these situations the better. There are also many professional organizations which provide free support materials, such as the Red Cross.

If you are struggling with a crisis situation yourself and trying to help your students through it, or if you have any advice or support to offer colleagues from your own experience in dealing with such situations, please comment below.

Thank you,

B

1. It‘s quiet in here! Why not leave a response?